Sunday, April 10, 2011

Journal 02 - Part 2



I found my sixth pattern in a friend's room that lives on my floor. She has a large bin to keep her things in and I really liked the simple two-color paisley design of it. I'm usually not a very big fan of paisley designs on anything but I liked the simplicity of this one.









This seventh pattern was also found on booths at the Ohio Union after getting lunch one weekday. I was drawn to this pattern because of the complexity of the many different geometric shapes and how they all fit together. I particularly like the way there are three different line thicknesses used throughout the pattern.







So, apparently I spend a lot of time at the Union, since this is the fourth pattern on my list of ten that was found there. This particular pattern was on one of the pillars near the doors on the campus side of the Union. I like how the colors appear to be random, but yet all flow well together. I also like the transparency of the different squares.











These repeating yellow lines on roads are always around us but yet are most likely never thought of as an actual pattern. I was walking back from playing in a kickball game with friends and I stopped while crossing this street to snap this picture. It's extremely simple, but seen almost every single day.







I found my final, tenth pattern in my dorm floor's study room on one of the fabric chairs that look like they would be comfortable, but really aren't. I was drawn to this pattern by the way the inside rectangles are placed in seemingly random places inside of the colorful squares.











No comments:

Post a Comment