Sunday, April 10, 2011

Journal 02 - Part 1



This first pattern was found at the Ohio Union as the material on the seat backs of the booths. I was
eating lunch after class that day and thinking about the journal assignment for this week when I saw the seat back in front of mine and figured that this pattern would be the perfect start to my list of ten. It isn't a very complex pattern but I really liked the colors and how well they went together.





My second pattern was found on the 2nd floor of the RPAC near the meeting rooms. I happened to have my camera with me on my way to an intramural tennis meeting when I realized that the sparkly red design on the floor would make a great addition to my list. I really liked the red color that was used and how well it matched with the theme and colors of the rest of the building.






This pattern is my personal favorite out of the list of patterns that compiled for this post. This pattern was found on my best friend's purse that she was carrying one day last week. I like the colors it uses, the simple but yet abstract design of it, and the way that the colors do not stay completely within the lines.











My fourth pattern was found on my way out of the Ohio Union on the panels that divide the Union market food area from the seating area. This panel occurred in alternating pieces of glass that were also different sizes. I really liked how the bamboo-looking design was built inside of the glass. If you were to run your hand over the surface, it would feel completely smooth, as opposed to how it may appear.




The pinwheels in the South Oval! If you didn't get a chance to see them today (Sunday), I would definitely recommend walking by the south oval to see the bright blue pinwheels arranged in straight lines coming out all the way around the center of the smaller oval. I couldn't help but include this in my list of patterns because I loved the way that the sun caught the shimmery silver side of the pinwheels as they spun around on this windy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment