Sunday, May 15, 2011

Journal 07

After reading some of Golnaz's most recent posts on her blog, I found that I agreed with many of the points that she made in her third course reflection assignment. I really liked her point of how the Charles and Ray Eames movies showed their perspective on design as a lifestyle and not just a job that they have to do. Charles and Ray truly seemed to enjoy what they did with their lives. I also agreed with Golnaz's point that the Cobego design group presentation was a good idea in the sense that it shows us what life/work can be like after graduation. Sometimes as students we can get too caught up in the "here and now" and we don't think must past what happens after these four to five years are over. The Cobego design group presentation was one good example of what some graduates did with their degrees and experiences. Lastly, I also liked Golnaz's letter "Z" that she found for the letterforms assignment. I like the angle that she took the picture at and the creativity of the image. You can view the rest of Golnaz's blog HERE.

The second blog I viewed was Kris's, which is always very interesting and funny to read. I'd have to say that Kris's online scavenger hunt post was one of his wittiest yet, which was impressive since the task was a pretty clear, cut-and-dry assignment. The second thing that stood out the most to me on his blog were his letters from the found letterforms assignment. Kris chose to go slightly above and beyond on his post...I think he had almost every letter in the alphabet including doubles or even triples of many. Some of my favorite shots that he got were the "J' from the umbrella handle, the "O" from the life-ring, and the "A" out of the swing set. Click HERE to see all of Kris's blog.

The last blog on my face value group in Joseph's. Unfortunately, Joseph hasn't posted any of the required assignments since the last found faces post. However, if you would still like to view his blog you can do so HERE. In order to make up for this, I decided to view another random classmates blog from the list. This led me to Alicia L's blog. I really like the layout that she chose to use for her page as well as the color scheme. I definitely had to agree with her on the Rip! A Remix Manifesto video being my favorite part of the last few classes as well. Lastly, Alicia had a lot of really great images on her page for her found letterforms post. I'm not sure that she took them all herself, but many of the images were very creative and shot at great angles in order to capture the letters. The rest of Alicia's blog can be viewed HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment