Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Course Reflection 03

My favorite part of the last 4 design classes was definitely the "Rip!: A Remix Manifesto" video that we watched last Monday and Wednesday. Some people commented that they didn't like the somewhat unorganized way that the movie was presented in, but I think that was one of its strongest points. It portrayed the creator's point in a unique and creative way that kept my attention over the two separate days that we watched it. I had heard of "Girl Talk" before in the past, but never really knew exactly what they were all about and was amazed at how much work goes into creating a simple few seconds of a remixed song. Also, I have always known that copyrights can really seem to be over-the-top with things in the creative world (music, art, etc), but this movie showed how they can also inhibit further creativity and even scientific discoveries such as a cure for cancer. I'm glad that we were able to take the class time to watch this video.
The second two classes on May 2nd and 4th were also interesting, but not particularly important to me as the guest speakers really tried to persuade us to consider a major in the design field. Personally, I am already set on my goal to major in marketing and minor in graphic design, so learning all about the entrance exam for design majors wasn't of great importance to me. Still, it was very intersting to hear about all of the different projects that the two different groups of guest speakers have completed in their experiences as designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment